There are various issues that can cause your shower water to be a little cold, such as showering, while running the dishwasher or washing machine. If you are experiencing consistently cooler water than normal, however, you may be wondering if your water heater is functioning properly. It is vital to keep an eye out for the warning signs of a failing water heater so that you can get the proper repairs or replace your heater before you are left with no hot water at all. Check out these signs that you may need a new hot water heater.
- If the age of your hot water heater is approaching or over ten years, you are likely nearing the end of its lifespan.
- Discolored water and foul odors. Sulfur-like smells and muddy, rusty-looking water are often an indication of rust or bacteria inside your hot water tank.
- Strange noises. If you hear boiling sounds, gurgles, cracks, bangs, pops, or whining coming from your hot water heater, you should have it checked out as soon as possible.
- Reduced water flow. If you are not getting the same flow of water that you are used to, it may be a sign that you have a build-up of sediment in your hot water heater.
- If you notice a pool of water around your water heater or see it actually leaking, you should call a professional immediately, as you may have an internal failure.
- Varied water temperatures. If your water temperature changes frequently during your shower, and you can’t seem to get it regulated, you probably have an issue that will get worse over time.
- Limited hot water. If you have noticed that you don’t have enough hot water for multiple showers, or other home uses, it is likely an indication that your water heater is not functioning properly.
If you need water heater repairs or installation of a new heater, the trusted plumbers at Hawk Plumbing are here to get you back on track. Contact us through the link on our website, or call us today at (817) 242-6894.